Posts Tagged webdev
Over the past 6 weeks reps.mozilla.org went under a new development sprint!
I would like to take this opportunity and welcome our two new webdevs Tasos Katsoulas and Yiannis “Nemo”Giannelos both django-ninjas at day and beer lovers at night! An obvious fit to our team they worked tirelessly on imporving the functionality of the portal and adding new features. In particular:
- Implementing a new ‘Settings’ page for opting in and out mailing features (bug 818036)
- Send an email to the owner of a report after each comment (bug 758603)
- Enhancements in “mail my mentees” form (bug 763490)
- Send email to mentor when a mentee files a new report (bug 762418)
- Monthly reminder for new reps to mentors list (bug 774247)
The new mailing features will enable Reps to communicate more efficiently among their activities and streamline the reporting procedure more. Over the past 1.5 years Mozilla Reps have filled over 3000 reports! Feel free to browse through reps and check out their reports and activities!
Other features included:
- Custom planning pad urls for events (bug 794008)
- iCalendar export for single event (bug 761544)
- Show rep of the month on their profile page (bug 784281)
And also some regular Bugfixes:
- CSV export is now working fully(bug 815766)
- Date reset when event save fails is fixed(bug 778865)
- Fix duplicate results in API queries on “People” page (bug 824892)
- General housekeeping and many minor improvements.
For our next 3 week sprint we will be working on adding cool new features on our portal with a focus on discoverability and vizualization! Timeline vizualization of the events, communication to event attendees, ability to login to our portal given a vouched mozillians.org account, are just some of the
things to come.
Onwards we go!